Friday, June 13, 2008

Almost to Taos, NM!


I just got off the phone with Ken in the follow vehicle, who told me that things are going swimmingly well (my words, not his) and that the riders on course are not too far from Taos, NM. This will put them at 1044 miles. Incredible.

This stage looks to be relatively easy (heh), and the next one is a BEAR. The riders will reach Kansas after dark. That always blows me away. We saw them off two days ago. 49 hours, according to my trusty computer clock. And now they're approaching Kansas!

The satellite feed is up and running. And boy, are these guys riding fast! Brad and Greg are on course until 4:00 our time, and then Dan and Jeff will take the helm until 9:00 Pacific.

2 comments:

KennY said...

Hi Marna,

Where are you getting last year's times at the checkpoints? Remember that "official" RAAM time is EDT, so that may make it appear that we are 3 hours faster than last year...

Please continue putting up the maps and the elevation charts - it's much easier to check here and get the info...

Thanks!

P.S. The cyclist's term for the "tri" bikes is now "Time Trial" bikes...

Marna said...

Hi Kenny -

I'm getting the times from my own records. I write them down as the team comes in, and translate it to local time.

In the bike shop where I work, we still refer to the bikes as tri bikes, as they are sold primarily to triathletes.