Friday, June 13, 2008

While I was out


Greg and Brad are on the course now. Team ViaSat conquered TS 16 and 17 while I attended my daughter's graduation.

When I spoke to Greg this morning, he said that the wind has been flat out brutal. Hopefully that will change today!

As of 12:55 Pacific, TeamViaSat was 983 miles into the race. This puts them easily on pace to achieve their desired average of 500+ miles a day - and when you consider how many of those miles have been of the challenging, head- or sidewind battling uphill variety, I know I can't wait to see what they can do on the flatlands of Kansas!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! They are truly flying! I guess I'm happy for the Norwegian team...riding for Norway's HomeDepot...or Lowes...just imagine if our guys got paid to ride full time!?

This is fun to watch...I only wish the live video was working!

How was graduation?? did you take lots of pictures???

Marna said...

Heh. Tons of pictures, and Joe got video. I personally think that a graduation ceremony for ten year olds is a bit on the ridiculous side, and even more so when they stretch it out to a two hour (outdoor in the sun) ceremony, with only 50% of the number of chairs needed....but that's just me being sleep deprived. :)

The feed is up, by the way.

Kristin said...

who's riding now??

Marna said...

Greg and Brad are on course until 4:00 Pacific. Then, Dan and Jeff take over until 9:00 our time.