Wednesday, June 11, 2008

WOW!!

Okay, I'm the wife of a team cyclist, so this means that I'm more likely to get freaky excited than your average reader. Still, can I just share with you how thrilled I was to get a phone call this evening? The call was from John Tyner, who was riding the fourth (and latest) part of the team schedule. He let me know that they had to alternate their start plan (for their time on course) by about 100 miles, because the other three 'sub' teams were forecasted to do so well. So they were driving 100 miles farther than they'd originally forecasted.

When I finally got back to a reliable internet connection, I saw that the top three teams were within 15 minutes of one another, and that Team Type One was leading Team ViaSat by just 3 minutes at the 2nd time station, 143 miles into the race. Add to this the minute by minute text messages I was getting from my husband, Greg (of the Brad and Greg sub team), regarding being in the lead and being narrowly passed........well, it looks like we've got ourselves a race, folks!

No comments: