Friday, June 13, 2008

While we slept

Team ViaSat racers Jeff and Dan took the team through Utah and into Colorado, where John and Kevin picked up. Now Ken and Jeremy are on course and they are heading toward Pagosa Springs, Colorado.

One of the things that we like to do in our house is write in the times that the team hits various time stations on a printout of the route we keep taped to our wall. Until the next time station, the teams are on the same basic route as they have been for the past two years. So I decided to pull out last year's route and times and compare. Last year, they hit Durango (TS14) on the "3rd" day of the race (same as today), at 7:54 a.m. Pacific time. This year, they made it there at 4:58 a.m. Pacific time. Almost a full three hours faster. Now, I don't know what the winds are like on the course, and I do know that last year, they were dealing with some pretty brutal headwinds, but in any case, I'd say that the tri bikes are making a difference!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

they are doing great!!

what's up with the norsemen and team type 1.....they are fast!!

How's greg holding up??

Marna said...

They are doing very well! Today's going to have a LOT of climbing. Yesterday was just a warm up.

Team Type 1 actually had racers in the Tour of Georgia - so they're almost a pro level team. The norsemen ARE pro riders. It's easier to go fast when your job is riding. :)

Greg's doing great - no more furry critter suicides to share with me. His iPod died, though, which just sucks for him!

Are you coming to Alyssa's graduation today?

Diane Alriiight said...

Marna,

Thanks for the great posts! Trying to watch while at work, but Viasat site not working continually. So from you we get a little of the behind the scenes info. I keep jumping around between you, Viasat and RAAM website. Not getting too much work done, but this is fun! Wish them all well!

Diane (Ken & Lily's friend)

Marna said...

Thanks, Diane!

I'm frustrated, too with the spotty availability of the satellite feed. I keep refreshing and will post here when I find out it's available.

Kristin said...

I can't come to graduation....can't get away from work today.

Please take lots of photos and videos and let her know that I'm thinking about her and wish I could be there.

give her a HUGE hug for me!!