Monday, June 16, 2008

TS 47 conquered! (Updated)

Team ViaSat checked into TS 47 at Gormania, WV at 8:56 pm Pacific time. They're now on their way to TS 48 in La Vale, MD. They are 2744 miles into the race and have just 271 miles to go.

Greg sent me a text a few minutes ago letting me know that the weather was a bit cold and rainy, but that the course was otherwise great. He also noted that the descent that he "stole" from Brad last year (because Brad was missing a crucial piece of equipment: his helmet!), Brad finally got to ride. I'll get feedback from the big Marine as soon as possible. Hopefully, he'll also share his downhill speed with me....

I knew I should have turned off all electronic devices and gone straight to bed after hitting publish.... Greg just texted me to let me know that he and Brad are in the middle of a downpour. It's 2:15 a.m. where they are, and they've got a huge descent coming up. Here's to hoping that they stay safe!

No comments: